Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Fossil

When I first met Jeff, I could not believe he was 12 years my senior. That is a number so large, that it is OK to use numerics when writing, say, instead of three or five. 

My groovy room mate and I coined a nickname for him; 'the Fossil'.

There are a lot of things you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at him. Like that he is 43 years old today. The man is smokin hot. And his use of emoji when texting is elaborate. It still makes me chuckle whenever I see a random cat, or something else that he clearly scrolled through to find, pop up on my screen.  

And he is a wonderful father. A role he might never have planned for himself, but he has fantastic instincts and loves his children. A lot. 

And he is one of the most morally sound fellas I have ever met. He does what is right... almost all the time. In fact, just sitting here now, I can't recall a single time that I have been disappointed with a decision he has made when morals are called into question. 

He is fair, generous, kind and funny. Hilarious, when he wants to be. 

He is a good man, and today is his birthday. 

Happy birthday, Jeff! We love you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment