Saturday, August 6, 2011

The first week in review

I have two sleeping children in the house right now and about 10 minutes before my eyelids shut in protest from the lack of closed time they have been seeing this past week. This will be brief, and probably not as witty as my usual self (I know, you are thinking 'what wit?').

Amelia is an amazing baby. I know every mother says that. But really. She is. She is so very calm and easy going. She cries when she is hungry and I have waited too long to feed her and she cries when she is cold. That's about it. 

Noah loves his sister. He does not like when she cries and asks me to fix her. He asks for her to sit with him and follow him wherever he is going. I can already picture the dynamics that will take place in their relationship as big brother/little sister and it is amazing. And he DOES use gentle love love hands.

It is possible to recover from a c-section without ever taking a narcotic. I fear the barf and narcotics make me barf. So I was hardcore and would only take advil. Anyone can do it, I am not super hero, you just have to pick your battles. 

It was subtly suggested by my cardiologist and OB that this be my last pregnancy. And it will be, I had my tubes tied. I had to make the decision without thinking of how it might bum me out down the road, because I know it is what is best for me and my health. And after this week with my TWO children I think I am at peace with the decision. Our family feels complete. This little girl has finished our family, and we are so lucky to have her in our lives. 

Jeff and I make stinking cute babies. 


That pretty much summarizes my thoughts after our first week as a family of four. Next week is when the fun begins. I was lucky enough to have my Mom stay with me to help me out. She has to go back to work next week, which happens to be when Noah starts preschool. I don't know how I am going to have all three of us ready to walk out the door by 8am. I have a feeling the other parents are going to get very used to seeing me in my PJ's at drop off... with a baby attached to my boob. 

And now, I am overwhelmed... with love and happiness... but mainly sleepiness. Good night. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love her name. That was definitely on the top of our list:-)

    ReplyDelete