Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Evidently Amelia can read. And Noah loves fake bacon.

Amelia is really good at being a baby. It's like she has a magical connection with Dr. Sears and all the other baby genius Doctors. I have not had time to worry about her 'schedule' or if every stinking thing she does is normal or not. And guess what? She just does it all on her own, perfect. She has been breast feeding on demand, with a relatively dependable schedule. She will sleep for 3-4 hour stretches at night, waking to eat and then drifting off to sleep without a fuss. I have been hesitant to put all this in writing and jinx myself, but seriously... she is the easiest baby. And so happy. And pretty. 


As I mentioned before, Noah had his first day at his new preschool on Monday. I thought it was going to take an act of god to get us three out the door without tears being involved. But my children surpassed my expectations, yet again. Of course I explained to Noah ad nauseum what we were doing that day. He was excited. He mainly thought it was cool to take his breakfast in the car. Have I mentioned that he is a picky eater? The one thing that this child can live off of are any of the Morning Star Farms products. It is the only way he will eat a veggie. On this particular morning he was allowed to indulge in the fake bacon, which actually does not have a veggie exchange. 


Yumm, fake bacon and a bagel. Who wouldn't be ready to conquer the day?

Drop off was pretty tearful. I cried. He cried. I called an hour later and the Director assured me that he calmed right down and even went over to another little boy that was upset and told him 'It's OK'. 

Then Amelia and I went to Trader Joe's (to stock up on fake breakfast meats). She slept the entire time. She must have read that in her baby manual. 

When I went to pick up Noah it was reported that he had a fantastic day, participating in all the activities. And apparently told the teacher when he had to go to the potty. I have so been slacking on the potty training. He has been ready for a while, but I just do not think I have it in me yet. 

After pick up we had to go to the pediatrician to check Amelia's weight gain. She had lost a little by the time we left the hospital, so just to be safe they have you come in and make sure everything is working right. And of course, she has gained a steady ounce per day. Exactly what they recommend. She read that somewhere. 

We were lucky enough to see the Doc that USUALLY sees Noah, but who we have not seen since being back in the States. This guy is awesome, and Noah loves him. After confirming that Amelia is, indeed, perfect, he says 'Now let's talk about Noah.'

He said he read the State's evaluation and thought they were talking about a different kid. I won't go into the details, but he said that if a kid is having an 'off' day or does not fit inside a little box that the State will label them as Autistic. He feels that Noah could benefit from some speech therapy, but as far as this 'diagnosis' is concerned, that we are wise to be weary of it. 

It was so good to have a Doc who KNOWS my Noah agree with what Jeff and I have been saying all along. 

So yesterday, my kids knocked my expectations for them out of the ballpark. 

I think all thanks go to the fake bacon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment