Friday, November 19, 2010

To new beginnings

Oh the sad state of affairs that is my old blog. My intentions were true... my will on the other hand... 

So many things have changed since I last publicized my musings. It did not seem right to start where I last left off. And I don`t particularly want to talk about all the in between... I am in a state of moving forward and THAT is what I want to write about. Of course I will reference the past, everyone has one after all, and it has shaped who I am and what I do in my present. 

Enough philosophical waxing for one post, don`t you think?

So what am I up to these days? We are all together back in Misawa, Japan, making the most of our time as a family living in a foreign Country. There are so many opportunities to explore and learn and CHANGE... it can be overwhelming at times! But after my heart surgery I really started to see the world in a different light. It is so cliche, I almost hate to admit it, but going through such a major event really does change you and your perspective on life. And that is where the title of this blog came from. There is the obvious literal meaning... an `open heart surgery, pace maker` kinda thing. But figuratively... each day is just one beat in time, followed by another. Life moves forward. It is so easy to become bogged down with past `beats` (if you will) and miss out on THIS day. I don`t want to miss a second, because the beats don`t stop, they pass by in the blink of an eye. 

Oye, there I go waxing again. 

So here we are, we three in Japan, our little Family. As unconventional a road we took to get here, it is my world and a road I am happy to be on. 

  
And Noah... there are no words... 


1 comment: